Saturday, August 27, 2011

Batten Down the Hatches

Interactive Hurricane History

My thoughts are with all my friends on the East Coast dealing with Irene this weekend. Thankfully the storm is weakening but it remains a threat and they are in for a wet and windy weekend at best. My first experience of a hurricane was Wilma in 2005. She arrived in Florida literally a few days after I did and definitely had me thinking " Good lord - what have I done moving here?" Ulimately my house had little damage - but the neighborhood and town were hit hard and the memories won't soon be forgotten.

If you click on the link above - you get a very cool interactive map from the Wall Street Journal that shows the paths of all the hurricanes in the last six years. Let's hope Irene does nothing to make her more memorable than the countless ones here we barely even know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment